21 Jan 2013

Pumpkin Subzi

Pumpkin Subzi
My husband is not at all a fuzzy eater. He eats anything I cook. But, one subzi he doesn’t like is pumpkin.
We went to the parathe wali gali in Delhi. There they serve lovely crispy parathes with pumpkin and potato subzi. I saw my husband eating that subzi so well. So, I asked him – how come you are eating this subzi? Do you know it is pumpkin? He said – if you make it like this then I will eat it.
So,again my research to find the recipe of parathe wali gali pumpkin subzi.
I tried so many complicated recipes – finally it was such a simple recipe.
  • Oil – 1 tbsp
  • Methi seeds – 6 to 7 nos.
  • Allow them to brown.
  • Then add  jeera – 1 tsp
  • Make a paste of turmeric ( 1tsp), Dhaniya powder ( 2 tsp), red chilli Powder ( 1/2 to 1 tsp), Garam masala ( 1/2 tsp), salt ( 1 tsp) wtih 2 tbsp of water.
  • Cook till the oil separates.
  • Add chopped pumpkin (1/2 kg).
  • Add 2 tbsp water.
  • Mix well. Cover and cook and keep stirring.
  • The subzi will be ready in 12 minutes.
Note :
  • Also have a look at my aloo simla mirch. Both are very similar. I am giving the comparison  just to understand that  cooking is very simple and same procedure. But the taste can be different.
  • In aloo simla mirch – I didn’t use redchilli powder but used a lot of methi. Even in that recipe you can use little methi and some redchilli powder.
  • This pumpkin subzi tastes wonderful even with poori.

No comments:

Post a Comment