21 Jan 2013

oh..kitchen cleaning never get satisfied!!!

  • Just cleaning and arranging things will not make the kitchen organised. It is very important to get away with unwanted things and make a conscious decision not to accumulate.
  • Vessel management is an important task in kitchen. In my mother’s house, all the family members will have separate plates. All of them will wash in the sink near the dinning table and keep it in the kitchen. The kitchen sink will only have cooking vessels. All the eating vessels are considered as juta or echal or unhygienic to mix with cooking vessels. In the previous house, I had a separate wash basin. I kept the dishwasher under it. All of us will wash the eating vessels just with water and put it in the dishwasher. All the tiffin boxes are also loaded. I used to run it once a day. It was very useful. This will help in organising the vessels.
  • Getting rid of non – stick and replacing it with iron kadai and tava’s. For lifetime, they will be there with you. No need to buy and change every now and then. Need to put in some effort for maintenance. Think about it?
Not using any cups or glass tumblers. Tired of breakage. Decided to be simple with stainless steel. Advantage of living in Delhi – I can be a typical south Indian. My guests love these cups
My Gas stove. three burners. I don’t feel the need for a micro wave. I have one but keep it inside.One major job of clearing the vessels from the basket is time to tick always. I can not implement this idea as it is my rented house..First rule I learnt was – anything in the eye level can only be maintained clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment