5 Aug 2012

karma

In my post latest , I have mentioned about "svavarnaashramochita karma " .

This is a very interesting topic . It seems absurd as today almost karma or occupation are no longer caste based . Varna based .
Ashram dharma has also dwindled . In such scenario why the saints are still insisting on swavarnashramochit vyayahar karma , and attribute it to Lord and not other karmas .

This point becomes more pronounced when reading GEETA intensely . GEETA is full of reference to varna and ashrama .

what is the route of Varna and ashrama dharma ? why is it necessary ? what is its importance ?

To a general person , a common man it makes no sense . as it comes across as a common distribution of work in the society . Later turned into hype .

But a when discussed from spiritual point of view its importance oozes out ! let's examine !

Geeta strongly stresses that KArma should be done without desires !

SO i take these words seriously as KRISHNA instructs me to do so.
SO next moment I am desire less . so what's next . WHy should I do any work . I have no desires . I dont intend to earn money ! I dont desire to Protect the kinsmen ! I dont desire to serve others as well . I dont desire to appease dieties , as I dont desire boons ! I dont desire longevity as I have no desire to live !

So now AM I right ? Whatever I am prompted to do is desire , but Lord says no desires . so what should be my motivation ?

Lord Krishna says your motivation should be to appease me !
SO what should I do to appease/please you ? How should I know it ! where can i get these instructions ! oh Lord you are not visible , everybody else asks to do something for his own selfish end .
EVerywhere is desire ruling ! How can I stay away from desire and yet attain your grace and Please you .

The answer is I cannot just anything I desire as my selfish end and say oh Lord be Pleased with IT !
SO Lord has set the VArna and ashrama Dharma and instructed that adherence to this will please him . SO one need not sit quiet and waste time pondering over what is right or wrong , but accomplish what is ordained as his duties according to birth and age.

Such karma only pleases LORD

No comments:

Post a Comment